Thursday, March 7, 2019

USMLE step 1 experience by dr.Rachana Borkar‎ - score 241


I got my score today....Happy to share with you all - 241.

I'm an old graduate and started preparing on-off since Feb 2018. I started with kaplan notes for all subjects and read them all till June 2018, in retrospect they were low yield for me.

Then I did Microbiology sketchy...It is excellent tool to correlate and remember.

Followed by Pathoma book and videos....It was average yield for me.

Then it was september and I Subscribed to uworld , did few hundred Q's myself and it was going very slow....so searched for study partner here...Thanks to Moe Al-kasab, It started going smoothly and consistently....I read Uworld and FA 1.5 times with Moe till end of january. Then I took 2 week break for self study and gave exam on 15th feb 2019.

Last 2 weeks I only did my weak areas like Biostatistics, Ethics, CNS, physician task etc. from Uworld and FA.

One day before exam I only did high yield formulae and tables, slept early for 7hr sleep.

On exam day I reached early after having good breakfast and strong coffee. Took 1st &2nd block then 10min break, 3rd & 4th block then 10min break, 5th block and 20min lunch break then 6th block & 10min break then the last block. After exam ended I was numb, It was tougher than the 3 NBME's I took and was expecting about that much or lower score, I'm happy it was not so.

I gave only 3 NBME's 
NBME 15 on 31st dec '18- 225
NBME 17 on end Jan '19- 228
NBME 18 days before exam -225
My scores were average but I couldn't wait longer so gave the exam.


No comments:

Post a Comment