Saturday, January 19, 2019

USMLE step 1 experience of dr.Amrut Raje - 240

Hello everyone, 
I would like to share my experience. 
I graduated in 2010 and did post graduation in orthopedic surgery in 2015, then worked for 3 years as a senior resident in India. 
Started preparing for step 1 from September 2018, wrote exam in December. Target was to pass step 1 with a decent score.

Did u world subscription for 2 months, first pass was 60%, then concentrated on questions which I marked wrong. 
Honestly I couldn't read explanation of each and every question, but for wrong questions I did.

Read FA -2 times.

Saw pathoma videos in slightly fast forward mode so that I could save some time. That helped me alot as I was short of time.

I studied with one of my friend who was preparing for step 2, we discussed common topics and asked questions to each other that helped both of us.

Took a pre-preparation test
U-world-scored 198

Took NBME-17 
6 weeks before exam- scored 225.

Exam was tough, it was similar to U world in appearance but slightly different framing and language. 
Some questions we're very factual and straight forward, no scope for logic.

First block was terrible I was thinking of running away, but other blocks were tolerable. When I reached the last block again same thought of running away came in my mind.

Took whole time alotted for every block, couldn't get time to revisit the marked questions, in some blocks I had to hurry in last 7-8 questions and marked answers according to my gut.

Took breaks after each block it's necessary. 
Try to keep breaks as short as possible because lot of time is wasted in security checking and signing etc

Had a horrible feeling after exam as i made many silly mistakes.

I am really very grateful to the admin of this group and all the active members I have gained a lot from here, even I visited this forum after exam to find out post exam feelings of our members and exam experiences, which helped me to cope up the exam trauma.

I just want convey a message that its never too late for anything, hard work and dedication pays always. 
Learning from other's mistakes saves a lot of time and energy.

I am thankful to my parents, seniors and friends for so much patience.

Scored - 240.

No comments:

Post a Comment