Wednesday, February 20, 2019

USMLE step 1 experience by dr.Kaustubh Pandya - score 244


Usmle step1 244. Its been one ride. This group is the best support group for sure. Those crash courses and brain storming sessions helped a lot. It's the grace of God, a hard-working mother behind this to her I dedicate this. This group is one big help. I would be forever grateful to this.

My goal was 250+. I tried so hard to break that barrier but I accept what has been given. I regret making silly mistakes
on easy questions. But it's a learning lesson. Always follow your gut. I remember thinking:" This is wrong and I still marked it". Happy to help. Will try to break 250 on step2 ck. The dreams still on. 
Once again thanks a ton ....

Preparation time: 1 year. 
Uwsa1: 258
Uwsa2: 256
First pass uworld : 79-80%
Free 120:86%
Nbme 16: 244(16 mistakes) 
Nbme 18: 242(18 mistakes)
I also did other nbmes online and was consistent trying to keep wrongs under 20. For me uwsa2 was over predictive. 
1 week before exam was terrible. Anxiety took over. After 2-3 days I started doing few things which I felt I didn't remember. I slept well and didn't read anything afternoon. I feel it's important to built a residual memory. Because that's what helps. Post exam I knew I did terrible. And was going to fail. I felt as if I did 25-30 questions wrong with only 2 WTF questions. I wasn't fatigued at the end. Try cutting down silly mistakes esp. on easy questions


No comments:

Post a Comment